Sunday, April 3, 2011

MLK & S 12st. Giant Staircase!


I decided that climbing these steps was going to be my way of gauging my get healthy progress.

There are 90 steps that wind their way up a huge hill.

How this is going to work:

I don't believe in tracking progress with just the scale. I don't think that weighing yourself and not tracking anything else does you any good.

Weight can be misleading. If you gain muscle mass while getting leaner, toner, healthier, you can actually gain weight. It's a no-brainer, I know, but it can be really discouraging, too.

So, what we're going to do, is watch our food portions, be more active, and every week we're going to head down to these steps and time ourselves hitting them as hard as we can.

We went down tonight and, while I can't say I'm exactly proud of my time, it's not as bad as I was afraid it might be.

I made up the 90 steps and back down with a time of 3:21.31 and Carl was about 15 seconds ahead of me 3:06 and some change.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as I have a better time than the week before, I'll consider it a victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment