Monday, July 19, 2010

Chile Lime Popcorn Sprinkle.

I love popcorn. I mean, LOVE popcorn. But I'm finding I'm not a huge fan of movie theater butter microwave popcorn anymore. Not like when I was in college. I don't know if it has something to do with have a Dale & Thomas shop over at the mall or what, but I'm getting more and more interested in unusual popcorn seasonings/toppings. There's a couple more popcorn recipes coming down the pike, but for now, enjoy this one!

Chile Lime Popcorn Sprinkle

12 packets of True Lime or equivalent measure of True Lime Shaker
3 tsp. Himalayan Pink Salt or Fine Sea Salt
2 Tbsp. Chili Powder

Combine in small storage container or spice jar. Shake well. Sprinkle liberally on your popcorn and enjoy.

Notes:
  • If you can't find/don't have/won't buy Pink Salt, use the Sea Salt. For things like this, I prefer the Pink Salt because it doesn't actually have a distinctive flavor different from other salts.
  • Bed, Bath and Beyond carries glass spice jars with a shaker disc for $ .99 which work great for storing this.
  • If you want to make this for one batch of popcorn at a time, use 1 True Lime Packet, 1/4 tsp of Salt and 1/2 tsp of Chili Powder (roughly). Not everyone's "batch" of popcorn is that same size as mine.

1 comment: