Thursday, April 28, 2011

Check-In. Stomach Yuckies.

Had a good breakfast at Nick's Diner this morning with Dave. Splurged a bit and had pancakes and sausage. Also, had eggs scrambled with spinach, which needed a bit of salt, but were otherwise wonderful, in spite of the funny looks from the waitress. (She's a sweetie, I forgive her.) Edy's Fruit bar for a snack and then spent the afternoon dealing with a seemingly random upset stomach.

Light-ish dinner and then a nap. Had another Fruit Bar tonight,

I got a little bit of work done in my back yard, in between not feeling that great.

Also, I started a sprouting jar of Alfalfa last night, and I'm starting one with Chia tonight. (If you've never seen a sprouting jar, this is one of the ones I have.) I picked of 3" PVC 'T' joints to set my jars on to. They need to be upside down, but can't set on the lid because they need the air circulation. The directions recommend tipping them at about a 45 degree angle in a pot or bowl, but I'm gonna see if this works. I don't really have enough pots or bowls to forfeit them to propping up a Mason jar.

Also, yes, Chia as in Chia Pet. You can buy food quality seeds at most health food stores. They're pretty tasty, behave really strangely when you get them wet and have tons of vitamins and nutrients. Bonus! If you eat Chia gel (chia and water) before a work out, or add it to juice or more water and drink it, it helps you stay hydrated longer!

Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment