Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Check-in. Healthier Choices.

I've lost nearly a pants size!

We're learning a lot about ourselves through this whole get healthy process. Here's the highlights!

  • I feel like a little kid when I'm flying down a hill on my bike!
  • If we have Edy's Fruit Bars or Whole Fruit Bars in the freezer, they're nearly always our first choice when we go for a snack.
  • The fruit bars have also cut down on Carl's ice cream cravings, while making giving up dairy easier for me.
  • Keeping chocolate in the house, but somewhere that's a pain to get to, has cut down on chocolate binges for both of us, and has almost completely eliminated my urges to buy a candy bar at the check-out.
  • Pita chips have solved my issue with not being able to substitute crunchy for crispy.
  • The 5 mile round trip to work on my bike seems to be what I need to be able to sleep well.
  • I have a lot of fun battling traffic on my bike. Although I still walk it across the 22 interchange on my way to work.
All in all, I think that we're making a lot of change for the better and Carl is even starting to make plans for what he's going to do to make up for the fact that he can't really bike to work even if he wanted to.

1 comment: