Monday, February 10, 2014

Reboot! New Year, New Blog, New Happy!

Ok, well, February is not exactly the beginning of the year, but there's been a hell of a lot going on and this hippy needs to get back on track.

So, we're starting over.  I will ask that you all (there's probably only like 5 of you anyway) forgive me for the lack of posting and let me get a new start.

Here's what's new.  New start, new reasons to be happy, new health concerns, new friends, new motivation, new opportunities.

Dave and I are trying to learn to eat healthier and be healthier.  What makes me think it'll work this time?  Because Dave is in it with me.  I won't have to work around him or fight against him.  He wants to eat better too, and while it's for slightly different reasons than me, we have a lot of the same goals and plans.

Step 1:  Breakfast.  We both suck at breakfast.  I'm perfectly happy to call a cup of coffee and a donut from Wawa a good breakfast.  Dave doesn't eat breakfast.  Or if he does, he doesn't eat enough.

So we're starting with baked oatmeal, done as cupcakes.  I got this great recipe from my friend Kate, who found it, who knows how she found it.  It doesn't matter.  It's awesome.  And super easy to alter.  We made it a few weeks ago as Apple Cinnamon Raisin, and I made a "no unnecessary sugar" Pumpkin Pie version for a friend.

This morning, I made Maple BACON!  And, yes, it's not like bacon is particularly healthy, but if it gets us actually eating breakfast, for now at least, I'm ok with that.

Step 2: Blog and Blog a lot!  I'm going to use the blog for accountability for myself and for both of us.  I'm going to start sharing recipes again.  And the first recipe I'm sharing, is the Maple Bacon Oatmeal Cupcake Hack!

Step 3:  Baby Steps.  I've said this before and I'll keep saying it, diets sucks.  Lifestyle changes are what sticks, but you have to break it down into chunks you can commit to.  I'll have bacon cupcakes for breakfast this week, that's totally something I can stick to.

No comments:

Post a Comment