Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Um, wow.

I signed on tonight because I wanted to brag about my awesome homemade pumpkin butter I made on Halloween and the super good taco soup I made yesterday, I'm seeing that a few posts seem to have gone missing.

I've very confused by this, although, honestly not all that concerned, because I don't really remember them having been anything important. It's more that the two month gaps between posts makes me look like I'm an ass who doesn't bother to update.

Well anyway, the pumpkin butter was made from an actual pumpkin, not the canned crap. We steamed/baked it and then boiled the crap out of it. (Sarah helped keep an eye on this part.) Then I split it in half and made one half into a "No Sugar Added" with some Splenda and the other half got Dark Brown Sugar.

I borrowed Lisa's boat motor (immersion blender) to break up the pieces that I was too impatient to wait for. You know, the one's that were done but hadn't fallen apart yet. Then we added Saigon Cinnamon, Cloves, Allspice and Grated Ginger.

Awesome stuff. I'm actually eating some now mixed into Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice Farina.

Then there was the Taco Soup, which I'm going to post separately as a recipe.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, Nevermind. I just remembered that I never posted what I was looking for on here. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stirred the pumpkin butter into my oatmeal this morning so I could have pumpkin oatmeal. Yum!

    ReplyDelete