Friday, September 25, 2009

I don't love my canvas tote as much as you think I do.

So, a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. Ok, it was like 4 years ago, in NYC, I bought a couple of things at SoHome and they gave my a little unbleached canvas tote instead of a plastic shopping bag. Out of convenience - I loved the size of it - I started carrying it. A lot.

When work changed the dress code, and I had to start wearing dress pants (which if you don't know, means I no longer had pockets), it was fantastic. Just big enough for wallet, keys, cells, and a small craft project.

Well, at any rate, my cheaply made, not meant for daily use tote finally started to give out one me. One of straps finally tore off. Apparently, everyone thought that I adored this little tote bag.

I went up to my sister and she said "I have a couple of canvas totes if you want them." I thought, sure, why not? and took them. Then I was at my mom's and she said, "oh, I have a canvas tote you can have."

I said to her, wow, does everyone think that I love canvas totes or what?

"Well, the strap tore on that little one that you carried all the time, and we felt bad that your favorite bag tore, so we decided to give you ours."

Wow, I never realized that anyone thought I liked that little bag so much. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment